Thursday, November 29, 2007

Get ready to rumble!

Okay, I've ordered some Pilates videos from the library, which my physical therapist highly recommends. She prefers Pilates over Yoga (which I don't particularly care for anyway, but was looking for a method of strength training I can do here at home) because of the Pilates emphasis on building a strong core, which in turn helps everything else.

I've also got my Walk Away the Pounds videos to dig out, and I've got a stretchy band. I need new gym shoes.

I won't be "dieting" per se, but instead just trying to make healthy choices each day. I especially don't want to "diet" on Sunday, which is the Lord's Day, because that's a day He's given me for my benefit. "Man was not made for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath was made for man." I'd prefer to feast and fellowship with my friends and family without guilt or stress about food, and to enjoy the gifts He's given me. I'll be more particular about my eating through the rest of the week.

However, I do need to increase my water intake again, so I'll be shooting for half my body weight in ounces each day. (And I'm not telling you what that is! Haha!) But I will tell you how much I'd like to lose in addition to what I've already lost over the past year, and that's 40 lbs from where I'm at right now.

So who's going to join me in this quest for better health and energy?

3 comments:

Heidi Pocketbook said...

I'm up for the challenge. You're such an encouragement with that weight loss. We've just got to get you a treadmill!

Naturally Frugal Mom said...

HI there :-) Glad to have you as a partner..I know I need all the help I can get :-) We are basically doing the same thing...No dieting, WATP's, and nothing on Sundays :-) Looking forward to sharing in your progress!
Amber (from HSR..It showing my school blog instead of my workout one when I leave commenst)

Paula said...

I loved doing Pilates, it really stretches you out. Hope you get your dvd's soon.

Paula HSR